Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BMA warns against over reliance on new triage appt for patients
Please find below a link to our press release in response to the launch of a trial of a new triag...
Focus on MCP Contract (January 2017)
GPC has now produced updated guidance on the draft voluntary contract engagement documentation; t...
Clinical Pharmacists in General Practice (Roll Out Programme)
"In July 2015 NHS England launched a pilot scheme to expand the use clinical pharmacists wor...
MESSAGE FROM GPC: Significant event - NHS SBS
Following the below notification sent earlier in the year regarding repatriation of missing items...
Primary Care Whistleblowing Guidance
The NHS England guidance (link below) has just been published and is also available at this link...
GP trainee pay issues
GPC England is aware that under new arrangements for the provision of primary care support servic...