Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
General Practice in Birmingham Part 5
GENERAL PRACTICE IN BIRMINGHAM: PART 5 of 5
The 2016 Annual Report of the Birmingham Lo...
Hospital Contract Changes 2017-2019
Further to previous messages from the LMC please find a link below to a letter from the GPC chai...
QRISK2 Mapping Error Enhanced Service in recognition of work
A new temporary Enhanced Service was introduced in February 2017 to recognise work caused by hist...
The main medical charities have got together to produce a new website portal that will help docto...
General Practice in Birmingham Part 4
GENERAL PRACTICE IN BIRMINGHAM : PART 4 of 5
The 2016 Annual Report of the Birmingham L...
General Practice in Birmingham Part 3
The 2016 Annual Report of the Birmingham Local Medical Committee was published in March 2017. It ...