Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
PCSE claims guidance
GPC is aware that practices have been experiencing issues with primary care support services in E...
Notice of changes to eligibility criteria for referrals to District Nursing services
Notice of changes to eligibility criteria for referrals to District Nursing services from...
Inappropriate rent abatement by NHS England
A number of practices have contacted the LMC because NHS England had commenced wholly inappropria...
Gpc Guidance- MCP Alliance Contract For 'Virtual' MCPs
New GPC guidance on the proposed MCP alliance contract for “virtual” MCPs is attached and availab...
Guidance on PCSE Claims and the Small Claims Court
GPC have now published guidance online on: