Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BLMC Constitution 2018
Click here to download the document "LMC Constitution March 2018".
GPC-NHS England Joint guidance on e-RS
GPC has published joint guidance with NHS England on the electronic Referral System (e-RS). Use ...
INAPPROPRIATE ONLINE PRESCRIBING OF CONTROLLED DRUGS
The LMC is being made aware of increasingly frequent concerns raised by practices because of the ...
Prescribing of cannabis-based products
Following the publication of England’s Chief Medical Officer’s open letter about prescribing of c...
GPC- prescription direction
Following concerns about communications from online distance selling pharmacies which could be se...
New GPC Guidance -contract guidance for GPs working in non -standard roles
Increasingly GPs step beyond the conventional boundaries of general practice to forge diverse car...
BSOL Universal Offer
Please find in the document links below the LMC’s formal response to the Universal Offer engageme...