Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BLMC Constitution 2018
Click here to download the document "LMC Constitution March 2018".
GPC: GDPR Updated Guidance
Please see below the link to the updated GPC GDPR guidance on the BMA website (the new section is...
Diamorphine supply issue
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England have been made aware of a manuf...
GPC ADVICE - Non prescription medication for care homes
Following a query from an LMC that some practices are reporting that they are receiving increasin...
GP pension records- historical errors
You have probably read in the medical press that GPC has been made aware of significant historic ...
GMS Contract Changes Guidance 2018/19