Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
NHS England consultation on limiting prescribing
You may be aware that NHS England is currently consulting on plans to limit GP prescribing:
Transgender Services consultation
Many of you have expressed concern about the inappropriate pressure being placed upon you to pre...
OSELTAMIVIR FOR INFLUENZA PROPHYLAXIS - new WHO advice
The World Health Organisation has recently updated its list of essential medicines, and says thi...
Please see below a message I have just sent to your CCG. As stated practices need to have whistl...
NHS STANDARD CONTRACT CHANGES- Primary Secondary Care Interface Guidance launched
Please find links below to a bulletin relating to the launch this morning of a joint GPC England,...
PCSE claims guidance
GPC is aware that practices have been experiencing issues with primary care support services in E...