Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
GPC GUIDANCE: Switching to SNOMED CT April 2018
Please see link below for a letter from the Co-Chairs of the BMA / RCGP Joint GP IT Committee reg...
Birmingham LMC Sessional GP conference
Birmingham LMC is holding a free conference for Sessional GPs on Thursday 7th December at the Str...
Physician Associates - An Employers Guide
Please see below a link to an employer’s guide to physician associates produced by the Faculty of...
GPC Update - Announcement of state backed indemnity scheme
As you will be aware, following the DH announcement of a state backed indemnity scheme last week,...
Patient Referral Leaflet
As part of the GPFV work to reduce inappropriate and avoidable work on practices, and in line wit...
Announcement of state backed indemnity scheme in England
During his speech to this year’s RCGP Conference, Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health, ann...