Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
GPC Update - Announcement of state backed indemnity scheme
As you will be aware, following the DH announcement of a state backed indemnity scheme last week,...
Patient Referral Leaflet
As part of the GPFV work to reduce inappropriate and avoidable work on practices, and in line wit...
Announcement of state backed indemnity scheme in England
During his speech to this year’s RCGP Conference, Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health, ann...
NHS Digital september extract and Locum changes
Please see below a link to the latest communication in relation to WMDS and recording of locum GP...
Change of status (GP Registrar to qualified GP)
PCSE has now updated their advice to performers and employers making it clear that the change of ...
GPC Press Release: Immediate Release: Wednesday, 20 September:
Government failing to meet targets on GP funding in England
Government failing to meet targets on GP funding in England, warns BMA
The government i...