Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Guidance on Insurance Company Requests for Medical Report
The BMA has produced updated guidance on insurance company requests for medical reports, availab...
CQC - GP Insight
Communications will begin to reach practices this week from the CQC regarding its new monitoring ...
Supply and distribution of sharps boxes
A few weeks ago email correspondence between Birmingham City Council to NHS England was brought ...
GP contract changes for 2017
Please find attached a communication from the chair of GPC on the agreement reached on GMS contra...
BMA warns against over reliance on new triage appt for patients
Please find below a link to our press release in response to the launch of a trial of a new triag...
Focus on MCP Contract (January 2017)
GPC has now produced updated guidance on the draft voluntary contract engagement documentation; t...